I'm proud to say Barks In The Parks has maintained our "Three Best Rated" website Best Manchester Dog Walker Award in 2023 for another year.
Finding a good dog walker or carer
1) Do you have a trusted family member friend or neighbour with a good dog walker or dog sitter? Ask for their recommendation.
2) Check out the internet for local dog walker reviews on multiple platforms and if you find one you are considering ask to speak to some of their customers, if they are genuine reviews they will try and accommodate this.
3) Talk to professional dog walkers when you’re out and about they see other dog walkers working on a regular basis and are a valuable resource.
4) If you have the opportunity when you’re out with your dog study the local walkers find out
a) Who's walking too many dogs, typically dog walkers are insured for 6 dog off lead group walks. Some insurers don’t specify a number but ask yourself if if you want you’re dog walking with more? Unfortunately there are some walkers who will walk very many more together
b) Who's leaving dogs in vehicles while they are walking other dogs.
c) Check with the council licensing department that your potential dog boarder is licensed, check your dog walker has public liability insurance and an up to date DBS check .
5) It is advantageous for both you and you’re dog walker to be local to each other, it aids flexibility and reliability and they will be known among you’re community. If you have an out of area sole trader covering multiple distanced areas it leads to them spending an excess of economically dead time that sadly is often compensated for by them walking an overly large number of dogs including dog aggressive dogs.
6) Consider the vehicle the dog walker uses and how you’re pet will be transported. Do you or they prefer to be in a vehicle with windows or are you and they happy for them to be transported in a windowless van. Consider also how they will be transported within the vehicle and whether you wish to provide harnesses for them to be clipped into the vehicle with.
7) Most if not all dog walkers public liability insurance providers require written permission to walk your dog/s off lead. If they haven't asked for this It
may indicate they are not insured.
Are you looking for a dog walker near me?
Our increasingly complicated world presents many new challenges to our usual pet caring routines and we don’t always have as much exercise time with our beloved dogs as they deserve. Barks In The Parks based in Prestwich provides dog care services including dog walking, dog visits and dog sitting in your home when available to help fill those gaps and provide the exercise care and companionship they need while your busy. Thus allowing you to concentrate on your responsibilities relaxed and confident their needs are being met and they’re safe happy and content. Barks In The Parks Prestwich are experienced DBS checked insured and are very well reviewed on Google, Yell.com and our Barks In The Parks / @GaryBicuit Face book page for all our services including dog walking dog sitting and visits. We have also very proudly been a Three Best Rated website best Manchester dog walker for several years. Barks In The Parks Prestwich endeavours to provide a flexible tailored service to suit both your and your pet’s needs. Regards Gary. Jan 2023
Hi there. As the current year draws to an end and the new one approaches I wanted to say a quick thank you for staying with Barks In The Parks through the years including the Covid crisis. Here's to many more years looking after your fur babies. Thank You
Are you looking for a Dog sitter near me?
When you’re away from home and can’t be with your beloved pets there is no better alternative than having their dog walker stay with them in their own home.
They enjoy the familiarity of their own home foodstuffs toys and familiar routines along with their dog walker. There is also the added benefit of security for your home and care for other pets and plants. Home sitting is also possible in the absence of any pets subject to availability. Home visits for cats small animal reptiles etc may also be available.
Barks In The Parks mission is to forge lifetime relationships with you and your pets
Our dogs typically enjoy hour long group dog walks once or twice daily with their canine friends. We visit a variety of local parks and walks are tailored to the individual dog’s age health and fitness. Our dog walks are for a minimum one hour and obviously transportation time is not part of their walk time. Each of our dogs gets individual attention and they will never be walked in overly large numbers. Your pets are picked up from and returned to their homes and are dried where necessary.
Loving them when you can't
Xmas New Year 2023-2024